- Show knowledge and understanding of the composition of the Earth
- Show knowledge and understanding that the lithospheric plates move in response to movement in the mantle
- Show knowledge and understanding of the different types of boundaries between lithospheric plates
- Show knowledge and understanding of the geological events that can occur at plate boundaries, and the geolocial formations created as a result
Theory Presentations/Assessment - Plate Motion
- Continental Drift
- Composition of the Earth
- Lithospheric Plates
- What Causes Plate Motion?
- Plate Boundaries
- Convergent Boundaries
- Divergent Boundaries
- Sliding Boundaries
Activity - Plate Motion in Iceland
- Students use an interactive application to find out about the effects of plate motion in Iceland, and consider how plate motion might affect Iceland in the future.