- Show knowledge of how clouds are formed
- Show knowledge and understanding of the relationships between clouds and weather systems
- Investigate some of the variables that affect cloud formation
Theory Presentations/Assessment - Clouds
- What Are Clouds?
- How Are Clouds Formed?
- Types of Clouds
- Cirrus Clouds
- Stratus Clouds
- Cumulus Clouds
- Clouds and Weather Patterns
- Clouds and Weather Fronts
- Cloud Cover
Activity - Looking at Clouds
- Students simulate the formation of clouds above the sea by using warm water in a plastic bottle. Students add smoke to provide the condensation nuclei and help to make the cloud visible. Students can see the movement of the air inside the bottle and observe how clouds form and disappear as variables such as atmospheric pressure and temperature change. Students also use an interactive application to explore how clouds are classified and identified.