Organisms and their Environment
- Show knowledge and understanding of why adaptation is important for an organism's survival
- Show knowledge and understanding of how plants and animals adapt to their environment
- Show knowledge and understanding of how a change to a habitat can affect the survival of a species
Theory Presentations/Assessment - Organisms and their Environment
- The Need for Adaptation
- Competition between Organisms
- Adaptations can be Structural or Behavioral
- Animal Structural Adaptations
- Plant Structural Adaptations
- Behavioral Adaptations
- 'Natural' Extinction
- 'Human-made' Extinction
Activity - Looking at Adaptations
- Students use interactive applications to explore how some organisms are suited to their environments.
- Students will also explore man-made changes to the environment and see how organisms who are unable to adapt will not survive.