- Explore the nature of compounds
- Explore the composition of common compounds
- Investigate some of the compounds formed in chemical reactions
Theory Presentations/Assessment - Compounds
- Compounds and Elements
- What are Compounds?
- Compounds and Mixtures
- Naming Compounds
- Types of Compounds
- Properties of Compounds
- Extracting Elements from Compounds
Activity - Investigating Compounds
- Students use the chemistry set to investigate whether metal carbonates react with hydrochloric acid to product carbon dioxide.