This circuit module is compatible with all the D3000 Base Unit options and it introduces students to the principles of magnetism and electromagnetism through a wide range of practical activities.
Typical topic areas include:
- Permanent Magnets and Magnetic Fields.
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Inductive Reactance
- The Transformer
- Force on a Conductor and Motor Principle
- Stepper Motor
Typical activities include:
- Assess the properties of magnetic core materials and the field strength around a magnet.
- Use the Hall probe to determine the behavior of an electromagnet with different core materials and their relative permeability.
- Determine the effect of core materials on coil inductance.
- Investigate the effect of turns ratio on voltage ratio.
- Investigate the effect of turns ratio on current ratio.
- Investigate the frequency response of different core materials.
- Investigate pull-in voltage for a solenoid.
- Determine pull-in and drop-out voltage and current for a relay.
- Diagnose faults in relay circuits.
- Investigate the operation of a simple DC motor.
- Determine EMF in a generator armature.
- Determine the operation of full step and half step motors
How to Order