This circuit module is compatible with all the D3000 Base Unit options and it introduces students to filter circuits and their applications through a wide range of practical activities.
Typical topic areas include:
- Logarithmic Scales
- Simple RC Filters
- LC Band Pass Filter
- The Low Pass Pi Filter
- Twin T Notch Filter
- Active Filters-1
- Active Filters-2
- Composite Filters
- Switched Capacitor Filters
Typical activities include:
- Identify advantages of using the logarithmic scale for amplitude and frequency.
- Measure the cut-off frequency for high- and low-pass filters.
- Determine from measurements the roll-off response for high- and low-pass filters.
- Determine the Q factor of a coil.
- Determine the resonant frequency
- Recognise the effect of a damping resistor.
- Identify the low-pass and high-pass portions of a twin T filter.
- Measure notch frequency and rejection.
- Recognise the effect of loading passive RC circuits.
- Determine cut-off frequency for a Sallen & Key low-pass filter.
- Diagnose faults in an active bandpass filter circuit.
- Observe the response of a high-pass and low-pass filter in cascade.
- Measure the cut-off and notch frequency for a switched-capacitor filter.
- Faultfinding filter circuits
How to Order