This circuit module is compatible with all the D3000 Base Unit options and it introduces students to the circuits and devices used in power supplies through a wide range of practical activities.
Typical topic areas include:
- Stabilization and Smoothing
- Variable Output Voltage
- Fault Diagnosis
- IC Power Supplies-1
- IC Power Supplies-2
- Switch-Mode Supply
Typical activities include:
- Compare the operation of simple half-wave and full-wave rectifier circuits.
- Determine the output resistance, ripple amplitude and percentage ripple of a power supply
- Determine by investigation the operation of a zener/transistor stabilizer circuit.
- Determine by investigation the operation of a power supply with over-current protection
- Determine by investigation the operation of a power supply with over-voltage protection
- Determine by examination the circuit operation of a variable voltage power supply.
- Diagnose faults in a variable voltage, over-current protected power supply circuit.
- Measure the percentage regulation of a dual-polarity, split power supply.
- Determine, through measurements, the efficiency and regulation of a variable supply regulator.
- Determine by investigation the operation of a switch mode power supply.
- Faultfinding power supply circuits.
How to Order