The use of Capacitors in both DC and AC circuits is a central topic, and this Experiment Card explores their operation. The assignment guide investigates the charging and discharging properties of capacitors, as well as looking at troubleshooting techniques.
Typical topic areas include:
- Capacitor Charging and Discharging
- Capacitor Charge Time
- Capacitor Operation on DC and AC Supplies
- Troubleshooting a Simple Capacitor Circuit
- CR Integrator
- Troubleshooting a CR Integrator
Typical activities include:
- Recognise the charging and discharging characteristics of a capacitor.
- Investigate capacitor charging and discharging.
- Identify how circuit values affect the time a capacitor charges in.
- Investigate how to change a capacitor’s charging time.
- Compare the operation of capacitors on DC and AC supplies.
- Investigate capacitors on DC and AC supplies.
- Investigate the effect of changing the frequency of an AC supply.
- Troubleshoot a fault in an AC supply capacitor circuit.
- Calculate charging & discharging time periods.
- Investigate a CR integrator circuit and the effect of changing capacitor values.
- Troubleshoot a fault in a CR integrator circuit.
This resource includes:
- Experiment Card
- Assignment Guide
- Storage Case
How to Order