Earth Systems - Teaching Pack
Earth Systems is part of our range of Science Teaching Packs.
It comprises 14 multimedia science lessons that provide whole class interaction, physical experimentation and student performance tracking. Each lesson covers a specific topic area and includes a theory presentation, a demonstration activity and a student assessment test. Although primarily intended to be delivered by the teacher from the front of the class, the lessons may alternatively be worked through by a student at a single PC workstation.
For ease of use, each lesson has the same structure:
- Lesson overview
- Theory presentation with continuous student assessment
- Demonstration activity with continuous student assessment
- End-of-lesson assessment test
Demonstration activities take a range of forms, including:
- Using laboratory equipment
- Using interactive software applications
Lessons are supported by printable student worksheets, on which students can record experimental results and write their own conclusions.
- Land Formation
- Weathering and Erosion
- The Rock Cycle
- Rock Types
- Soil Composition
- Oil Pollution
- Plate Motion
- The Water Cycle
- Earth’s Atmosphere
- Ground/Surface Water
- Ocean Systems
- Impact of the Sun’s Energy
Where a lesson requires items of equipment, these are provided in a study kit for the lesson. Wherever possible, study kits are supplied in equipment trays for ease of storage. Tray lids are printed for easy inventory control. Study kits are provided for demonstrating the above-listed lessons shown in bold text.
Where the use of physical equipment is not appropriate, interactive software applications are used to bring scientific principles to life.
Earth Systems includes the following software applications:
- Continental Drift
- Coastal Erosion
- The Rock Cycle
- Soil Textures
- The Impact of Oil Pollution
- The Treatment of Oil Pollution
- Effects of Plate Motion
- Weather Maps
- Human Use of Water
- The Gulf Stream
If the teacher uses our optional ClassAct® SRS student response system, students can use SRS keypads to answer questions in 'real time'. ClassAct®SRS turns the classroom into a computer managed environment, helping the teacher to involve, engage and motivate students.
Earth Systems contains:
- Fourteen lesson topics
- Printable student worksheets
- Teacher’s notes
- Single whiteboard/user software license
- Study kits containing demonstration equipment (6 trays)
- Data logging equipment (1 tray)
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
Additional items required:
- Certain consumable items (These should be readily available from local suppliers).
Includes the following:
How to Order
Contact us to discuss any of LJ Create's products and alternative order options available.