- Explain reduction and oxidation in terms of a change in oxidation number
- Show and explain the changes in oxidation number in elements in redox reactions
- Construct half equations for the reduction or oxidation of elements and full balanced equations for redox reactions
- Investigate redox reactions
Theory Presentations/Assessment - Redox 2
- What is Redox?
- Oxidation Number
- Oxidation Number Changes in Redox
- Variable Oxidation States: Metals
- Variable Oxidation States: Non-Metals
- Complex Redox Reactions
Activity - Oxidation States of Transition Metal Ions
- Students use the chemistry set and a number of chemicals to investigate the changes of oxidation state of transition compounds in aqueous solution.
Activity - Volumetric Analysis of a Double Salt for Copper
- Students carry out a ChemLab simulation of a redox reaction in order to determine the percentage by mass of copper in a compound.