- Show knowledge and understanding of the workings of the human ear
- Show knowledge and understanding of the properties of sound
- Show knowledge and understanding of the Doppler Effect
Theory Presentations/Assessment - Sound Waves
- Sound or Noise?
- The Human Ear
- The Ossicles
- The Inner Ear
- Properties of Sound
- Wave Equation
- Doppler Effect
Activity - Relationship between Vibrating Length and Frequency
- Students make two musical instruments then use a datalogger and a sound level sensor to examine the sound waves produced by the instruments.
Activity - Doppler Effect
- Students use a Doppler ball to provide a sound source and observe the apparent change in frequency as it is spun around.