- Show knowledge and understanding of the relationship between pressure and depth in a fluid
- Show knowledge and understanding of adhesion, cohesion, surface tension and capillarity
- Show knowledge and understanding of viscosity
Theory Presentations/Assessment - Fluid Properties
- Molecular Differences
- Compression of Liquids and Gases
- Pressure and Depth
- Molecular Forces
- Surface Tension
Activity - Pressure and Depth
- Students use a spouting jar and liquid levels application to investigate the relationship between pressure and depth.
Activity - Capillarity
- Students use glass capillary tubes to investigate the force of adhesion between water and glass.
Activity - Viscosity
- Students use ball bearings, a magnet and a measuring cylinder to compare the viscosity of different liquids.