- Show knowledge and understanding of biological diversity and how it occurs
- Show knowledge and understanding of why it is important to preserve biological diversity
Theory Presentations/Assessment - Biological Diversity
- What is Biological Diversity?
- How Does Diversity Occur?
- What is a Species?
- Adaptation and Natural Selection
- Adaptive Radiation
- Darwin's Finches
- Diversity of the Rainforest Ecosystem
- Evidence of Diversity
- Importance of Biological Diversity
- Threats to Biological Diversity
- Human Threats to Biological Diversity
- Preserving Biological Diversity
- What Can We Do?
Activity - How Species Develop
- Students will use an application to explore how geographical isolation can ultimately result in the development of new species (speciation).