This circuit module is compatible with all the D3000 Base Unit options and it introduces students to semiconductors and their applications in electronic circuits.
Typical topic areas include:
- P-N Junction Diode
- Half Wave Rectifier
- Bridge (Full Wave) Rectifier
- Zener Diode
- Transistor Characteristics
- Transistor Amplifier
- Bias Stabilization
- Other Amplifiers
- Two Stage Amplifier
- The Transistor as a Switch
Typical activities include:
- Measure the DC parameters of a PN junction diode.
- Measure Vp and Vav for a half wave rectifier output.
- Measure reservoir capacitor voltages for a half wave rectifier output.
- Identify the characteristics of a full wave rectifier circuit.
- Diagnose a fault in a zener stabilizer circuit.
- Make current gain measurements on a bipolar junction transistor (BJT) to calculate the forward current gain.
- Measure collector current for a bipolar junction transistor.
- Determine by measurement and calculation the input resistance of a bipolar junction transistor.
- Identify the meaning and purpose of feedback in a bipolar junction transistor amplifier.
- Measure quiescent and dynamic voltages for an emitter follower (CC) amplifier to determine the gain.
- Measure the bandwidth of a two-stage cascaded amplifier.
- Recognise the states of a bipolar junction transistor switch.
- Faultfinding semiconductor circuits
How to Order