The Package features an industry standard Allen Bradley Micrologix 1500 PLC with remote programming software.
The student workbook provides a structured introduction to programming PLCs through a series of practical tasks. An instructor’s solutions book completes the package providing typical results and answers to questions.
Typical topic areas include:
- Introduction to PLCs
- ladder logic programming
- shift registers
Typical activities include:
- Identify hard-wired ladder & PLC ladder logic diagrams and its operation.
- Investigate the operation of a ladder logic program.
- Investigate the operation of Examine ON, Examine OFF and Output Energize instructions and their operation.
- Identify the operation of latching and self-latching relays.
- Recognise the Retentive Timer ON and RESET instructions and how they are programmed.
- Recognise the Bit Shift Left and Bit Shift Right instructions and how they are programmed.
- Recognise the operation of the Sequencer Output instruction and how it is programmed.
- Produce a program that sorts components by height.
- Produce a program that sorts components by width.
- Produce a complete processing system program.
How to Order