The CT04 Delta Modulation board is part of the suite of telecommunications products from LJ Create.
The LJ Delta Modulation work board provides students with a complete system to demonstrate the technique of Delta modulation and Demodulation and its limitations, including slope overloading, by varying the parameters of:
- Sampling Frequency
- Sample Step Size
- Input signal frequency
- Input signal amplitude
Techniques can then be explored through the use of Adaptive Delta Modulation to overcome the slope overloading problem. Finally receiver complexity can be simplified by using Delta-Sigma Modulation techniques.
A comprehensive student workbook is included with a supporting teacher solutions book.
Typical topic areas include:
- Delta Modulation.
- Delta Modulation in Practice.
- Adaptive Delta Modulation.
- Delta-Sigma Modulation.
Typical activities include:
- Measure the voltage and period of a waveform.
- Identify the advantages and disadvantages of a delta modulation system.
- Recognize the operation of a D-type bistable.
- Investigate the operation of a delta modulator.
- Investigate sampling rate and step size and their effects on a delta modulation system.
- Investigate the operation of a delta demodulator.
- Investigate the causes and effects of slope overloading.
- Recognize how an adaptive delta modulator is able to detect the occurrence of slope overloading.
- Recognize how an adaptive delta demodulator can recover the original information signal.
- Recognize the operation and characteristics of a delta-sigma modulator.
- Investigate the operation of a Differential Amplifier.
How to Order