This well laid out Experiment Card is divided into 5 distinct circuit areas and enables the learner to explore SCR and UJT devices and their applications.
Typical topic areas include:
- Silicon Controlled Rectifier
- Capacitor Commutation of an SCR Circuit
- AC Applied to an SCR
- UJT Oscillator
- UJT SCR Control
- Troubleshooting an AC Phase Control Circuit
- The Triac and Diac
Typical activities include:
- Identify the construction and operation of an SCR.
- Investigate the SCR’s basic operation and latching action.
- Recognise the operation of a simple SCR capacitor commutation circuit.
- Investigate the operation of a capacitor commutation circuit.
- Identify the operation of an SCR with DC triggering.
- Identify the operation of an SCR with AC phase control triggering.
- Investigate the operation of an SCR with DC triggering.
- Investigate SCR AC phase control with a CR circuit.
- Recognise the operation of a UJT and a UJT relaxation oscillator.
- Investigate a UJT relaxation oscillator.
- Investigate an AC phase control circuit using a UJT.
- Troubleshoot a fault in a UJT AC phase control circuit.
- Identify the construction and operation of a Triac.
- Identify the operation of a circuit that uses a Diac to trigger a Triac.
This resource includes:
- Experiment Card
- Assignment Guide
- Storage Case
How to Order