Sustainable Energy Production
Demand for energy is rising all over the world, while fossil fuel resources are dwindling and the climate is being adversely affected. Meanwhile the spectre of climate change is looming.
Science and technology can provide the answer that will be needed to tackle these issues. Today’s students will need a firm grounding in the scientific and engineering principles that underpin these technologies, if they are to contribute to the future of sustainable energy.
The module includes a large selection of practical activities and an exciting Energy Simulator software application.
Topic areas include:
- Power Generation
- Solar Power
- Wind Power
- Geothermal Power
- Nuclear Power
- Fuel cells
- Efficiency of Power Generation
- The grid
- Use a model steam turbine to generate electricity.
- Identify the concept and impacts of climate change.
- Identify how solar power is used for large scale electricity production.
- Identify the operation of a Stirling engine.
- Explore how wind turbines are used to create electricity.
- Calculate the power in wind supplied to wind turbines.
- Devise a plan for using hydroelectric power for large scale power generation.
- Recognize how biomass can be used as a sustainable energy source.
- Evaluate sites for geothermal energy.
- Explore nuclear technology for generating electricity.
- Compare the efficiency of various methods of generating electricity.Resources in this program:
- Building projects
- Software explorers
- Theory presentations
- Climate Change
- Introduction to Biomass
- Introduction to Fuel Cells
Interactive Explorers include:
Hardware items supplied with ST100 ETP:
- Steam Turbine
- Solar Furnace
- Displacer Stirling Engine
- Thermoacoustic Stirling Engine
- 12 Student Resource Packs containing:
- Wind Turbine
- Desk Lamp
- Solar (PV) Panel
- Electrolyser and Fuel Cell
- Load Unit
- Energy Monitoring Unit
- Curriculum CD containing:
- On-Screen Student Learning Materials including Interactive Applications
- On-Screen Instructor Resources including PowerPoint Presentations
- Printable Instructor Guide
How to Order
|Product:||Sustainable Energy Production|